Kronos Information and Resources
Kronos Workforce Dimensions is the new time management system under UTime*, designed to meet the needs of multiple employee units across all five USNH institutions. Kronos links with our USNH Banner Finance/HR system, providing a more efficient and user-friendly time management system for all our employees.
Why a Time Management System Matters?
Employees must be paid for actual hours worked, including overtime, and in compliance with State and Federal regulations. A time management system, such as Kronos WFD provides an integrated set of procedures and practices to accurately compensate employee productivity, improve accountability and better manage payroll expenses. As a real-time software system, Kronos WFD provides strategic business insights and a holistic view of our workforce, including: Improved transparency, employee accessibility, automated functionality, accurate data collection, time & attendance recordkeeping, improved leave management processes and enhanced labor scheduling.
* UTime went into effect July 1, 2019 for all status employees except those covered by a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) or Postdoctoral appointments
(see UNH policy V.C.5.16).
Kronos Launch Updated Timeline
(updated January 16, 2020)
IMPORTANT: Employees will receive ample advance notice and training opportunities before each phase of implementation.
- Phase 1: USNH System Office and all USNH HR teams – in process
- Phase 2: UNH Office of Business Affairs (OBA) – March, following training in February, including all hourly paid employees, salary paid employees, student workers and their supervisors/approvers.
- Phase 3: All exempt (salary paid) employees – April , including fiscal year faculty
- This stage will include Deans and Faculty identified as approvers of time off requests for salary paid employees.
- Phase 4: All non-exempt (hourly paid) employees – April/May
HR will host informational overview presentations across all three UNH campuses prior to each go-live date to support successful access and navigation within Kronos WorkForce Dimensions prior to an employee groups launch.
'Salary Paid' sessions for employee's who are:
'Hourly Paid' sessions for employee's who are:
What Will Be Covered?
- Overview of the Kronos system for employees by groups (salary or hourly paid)
- Live Log-In and Navigation demonstration
- Demo of captured exercises for supervisors/time approvers of time off requests followed by a review of the available resources
- Review of Job Aids toolkit - for employees and supervisors/time approvers
- Q & A
NOTE: After go-live launch dates, HR will also be available for hands-on navigation sessions at each campus. A link to those dates/times/locations will be posted here when available.
- Link is good for Desktop & Mobile devices.
- Note: Employees can't log-in until their record is active in Kronos
For Salary Paid (Exempt) Employees
- Kronos - Timekeeping for Salary Employees Narrated Overview
(Recommend Chrome or Firefox Browser to view)
- Job Aid: Getting Started - Employee Desktop
- Job Aid: Getting Started - Employee Mobile
- Job Aid: Review Control Center Notifications
- Job Aid: View My Calendar/My Schedule
- Job Aid: Request Time Off
- Job Aid: Timecard Add-ons
- Job Aid: View My Timecard
For Supervisors/Time Approvers
- Time Approvers "Need to Know" Overview
- Guided Exercises - Timekeeping and Scheduling
- Job Aid: Review Control Center Notifications - Time Approvers
For Hourly Paid (Non-Exempt) Employees
Additional Job Aids to be added soon...