Function of Job:
Under general supervision of designated supervisor, to assist in the supervision of staff and housekeeping inspection of hotel rooms, and to perform all duties of room attendant as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, instruct and assign work to hotel housekeeping staff as assigned.
- Inspect vacated rooms, corridors, service rooms, stairs and all public areas for order and cleanliness.
- Report damages, losses and shortages in supplies to housekeeping supervisor.
- Perform duties of room attendant as required, including: operating vacuum and cleaning equipment; cleaning/waxing furniture, fixtures, mirrors, interior glass; cleaning bathrooms and re stocking supplies; folding linen; collecting and disposing of waste materials; sweeping, dusting and wet mopping floors and stairways; moving and arranging furniture and furnishings.
- Participate in periodic heavy cleaning tasks.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of linen and supplies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- One year of experience or specialized training in housekeeping work.
- Supervisory ability.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job.
Effective Date: 9/29/88
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.