Under general direction of the Vice President for Student and Academic Services, provide management support by maintaining contact with constituencies both within and outside the college/university for project completion, problem resolution and facilitation of communication; manage all related administrative details.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve problems of a general nature coming to the office, working with students, parents, and others for resolution/referral.
- Provide management for Division personnel actions and act as liaison with Human Resources.
- Assure concurrence with Division and USNH policies/practices and advise Directors and staff members on same.
- Arrange special Vice President’s meetings with responsibility for minutes and follow-up on action items, as requested.
- Coordinate various campus meetings and conferences sponsored by Division of Student and Academic Services, including all related arrangements.
- Keep Vice President fully informed about pending issues and concerns, significant/noteworthy activities, or events.
- Research and complete special projects, as assigned.
- Supervise office support staff members, as assigned.
- Responsible for various aspects of Student and Academic Services Office publications and brochures, including writing, editing, serving as liaison with printing/media services, interviews and research, as well as coordination, review and approval of Division information to be submitted for publication.
- Independently respond to inquiries/concerns expressed by Directors and research alternative solutions to problems, as necessary.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience in administrative work, including some management/supervisory responsibilities, project coordination and writing/editing.
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Writing/editing skills
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse responsibilities.
- Experience in higher education
- Master’s degree in related area.
This document is a generic classification specification of the University System of New Hampshire. Its purpose is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity, and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
*** NOTE: Revised – original approved 6/28/95 as “Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs” ***