Spring 2021 Move-In
The 2021 Spring move-in, much like the Fall Move-In/Arrival, remains complicated by the ongoing pandemic and our continuing need to ensure student/family/community safety by physical distancing and keeping a low density of people entering our residential facilities.
For those reasons, the Spring 2021 move-in will be January 27 - January 30. Arrival and Move-In times will staggered and self-scheduled online appointments from 9:00am - 3:00pm each day.
The link to make appointments will be emailed to students on January 13. Returning student appoinments will be 30 minutes in length. Students who were not on-campus in the fall will have 1 hour and 30 minute appointments.
Arrival Move-In Week
Spring Semester Move-In/Arrival will be held over four days from January 27 - January 30. Returning residents returning to campus with minimal belongings, who are briefly dropped off, and begin occupying their room and start Spring Semester will have 30 minutes move-in appointments. Only students residing in the halls will be able to enter the buildings.
New Spring Semester students (those who did not live on-campus during Fall semester) will move in during the same period January 27 - January 30; their appointment times will be 1 and a half hours (90 minutes).
All students will self-schedule their arrival/move-in appointments into pre-set times to ensure the safety of our students/families/community and to keep the density of population in our halls at established guidelines.
Of special note:
- No parents, family or friends will be allowed in Housing facilities during these arrival/move-in appointments.
- Residents will be expected to wear face coverings inside all campus buildings. The only place you are not expected to wear a face covering is in a room/apartment.
- Roommates are not able to schedule arrivals at the same time; this supports maximize social distancing.
- Students should be punctual with their appointment time, there is no after-hours arrivals.
Information about COVID testing requirements for move-in will be shared with all students by the on-campus Testing Compliance Team.
- There will only be single and double capacity rooms on-campus
- We will have capacity signage on public lounges and elevators to ensure physical distance
- Community kitchens will be closed, except sink use
- Community bathrooms will be thoroughly cleaned twice a day, 7 days a week
- Maximizing outdoor spaces for student use and hanging out
- Planning for virtual meetings with our residential students
- Implementing a Spring Move-In plan with safety as our first priority
- Implementing plans for cleaning and sanitizing all residential facilities
- Communicating with our residential students about expectations
- Implementing community activities that ensure physical distancing
- Developing virtual programming that will help students meet new people
- Ensuring our Public Health Campaign is very visible in all our residential facilities
- Read more about our Campus Living Protocols
- Read our Residential Housekeeping Protocols