Returners Sign-Up for 2019-2020
The 2019-2020 housing process is OPEN! All students who want to return to on-campus housing for 2019-2020 must complete a housing application.
Don't forget to form your Housing Group and make the Group Leader the person with the best timeslot!
Your Timeslot (RAC Time)
Students wonder how to interpret their timeslot.
- The EARLIER you are able to select a space, the MORE CHOICES of available spaces you’ll have.
- A student with more credits will have a better sign up time.
- Students with the same number of credits are randomized for times within their time slots.
- For example: Seniors (most credits) get assigned best time slots, followed by Juniors, Sophomores, and then Freshmen.
Housing Sign-Up Dates & Times
- FEBRUARY 26 – In-Hall Sign-Up Process. 10:00am – 6:00pm ALL ROOMS IN-HALL (Not available to residents of Alexander, Christensen, Lord, & Williamson) ONLINE
To view sign-up time (timeslot) for Feb 26 log back into the housing application on Feb 22.
- MARCH 5 – Between Hall Sign-Up Process 10:00am – 6:00pm SUITES, TRIPLES, QUADS, BUILT-UP TRIPLES - MOVING TO A DIFFERENT HALL ONLINE
To view your sign-up time (timeslot) for March 5, log back in to your housing application on Feb 28.
- MARCH 6 - Between Hall Sign-Up Process 10:00am – 6:00pm SINGLES, DOUBLES, LEFT-OVERS FROM PREVIOUS DAY - MOVING TO A DIFFERENT HALL ONLINE
To view your sign-up time (timeslot) for March 6, log back into to your housing application on the night of March 5.
- MARCH 8 - 20 –Random Roommate Selection Process. Any student who has not yet chosen a space on Feb 26 or March 5 & 6, can log back in beginning at 10am on March 8 and can select a space from available rooms across campus. This process is first-come first-served and is open until 8am on March 20.
Hints and Advice from Housing
It is always a good idea to make a list of spaces you’d would like in different halls – that way at your selection time, you’ll have back-up plans if some of your first options are no longer available. It's best to prepared and have plenty of options!
How to Optimize Your Timeslot? Make the group leader the person with the best pick time! Since the group leader is the person who will “drive” the group, he/she should be the person with the best timeslot/RAC time.
But here are some of the things we know, that we think you should should know:
- Congreve Hall typically fills quickly with seniors and juniors during the In-Hall and Between Hall process.
- Popular halls that you like, are probably the popular halls that a lot of other students like as well (think Congreve, Handler, Peterson, Mills); demand will be high and those halls’ open spaces will go quickly. Be realistic, chances are first year students aren’t going to get a double in Congreve or Handler or a four-person suite in Mills.
- Most of the time, the large suites in Mills Hall are taken during their In-Hall process. Same goes for Handler Hall’s large suites.
- The one sure way to get into Mills Hall as a rising first-year student, is to be pulled in by a student who already lives there.
- Most of the suites that are available after the In-Hall process in Handler, Haaland, Peterson and Mills are 5 person suites (1 double room/1 built-up triple room sharing a bathroom). Plan accordingly.
- Groups must fill both sides of a 4/5 person suite!
- If you are looking for people to fill a group, try the Class of 20XX on Facebook.