RA Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Assistant selection process. We hope you will find out more about the RA position! If you live on campus, we encourage you to talk to your Residence Hall Director or Resident Assistant to find out more about the position. We also would encourage you to attend one of our many Zoom Information Sessions. We hope to see you soon!
- Minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- Office of Community Standards discipline record check (having a prior violation will not necessarily make you ineligible, but the nature of the violation could.)
- The application will be open from November 9, 2020 to January 4, 2021 in your Housing Portal.
- Step One: Complete your Housing Portal RA Application. This is where you will complete your application, submit your resume and reference information. Only completed applications and those meeting the minimum qualifications will be reviewed and considered.
- Step Two: Once you have passed the above application stage, you will receive an email indicating you to sign up for a 30-minute Individual Zoom interview and a 1-hour Small Group Zoom interview.
- Step Three: You will be notified about your status in the process. You will receive a “hired,” “alternate,” or “not hired” decision. Our alternates are used to fill positions that open over the course of the year.
Find the application here: https://unh.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX/Login
- After logging into your portal, click the “Housing Employment” tab at the top and select the “RA Application 2021-22” under the Term Selector.
Other Process Details
- All components of the process will be conducted via Zoom, so whether you live on or office campus, study in-person or remote, the application process will accommodate your life.
- If you are interested in a mid-year (starting January 2021) position, there is a space to indicate interest in that on the application. Positions are not guaranteed to become available.
- If you are hired as an RA you are required to participate in further trainings and activities in the Spring 2021 semester and the Summer.
- Meet with your new Residence Hall Director and Staff in April or May.
- Attend 2021-2022 all RA staff welcome ceremony in April or May.
- Participate in a 9-10 day all RA training in August before first-year and upper-division students arrive back to campus.
- This RA position is only for our residence halls on campus, not for our apartment communities. If you are interested in working as a Community Assistant in either the Gables or Woodside apartments, please check out this page for more information: https://www.unh.edu/housing/job-opportunities-housing
New RA Application Timeline (Hiring for the 2021-2022 Academic Year)
Application launch: November 9, 2020
Information Sessions: November – December 2020
Application Closes: January 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM
Individual Interviews via Zoom: January 13-15, 2021 and some availability February 3-5, 2021
Group Interviews via Zoom: February 3-5, 2021
Candidates notified of process outcome (“hired,” “alternate,” or “not hired”): February 17, 2021
Interested in learning more about the RA position? Please join us via Zoom for an Information Session! You will have the opportunity to find out more about the position and get any questions you have answered. Here are the sessions that we are offering:
Date Time Zoom Link
Monday, 11/9 7:00 PM https://unh.zoom.us/j/96383527443
Tuesday 11/10 8:00 PM https://unh.zoom.us/j/91315269449
Thursday, 11/12 11:00 AM https://unh.zoom.us/j/96722637953
Wednesday 11/11 7pm https://unh.zoom.us/j/92924917787
Friday, 11/13 12 Noon https://unh.zoom.us/j/94572464087
Wednesday, 12/2 8:00 PM https://unh.zoom.us/j/99924741522
Tuesday, 12/8 7:00 PM https://unh.zoom.us/j/95322841194
Thursday 12/10 1:00 PM https://unh.zoom.us/j/95050539951
Friday 12/11 2 pm https://unh.zoom.us/j/91722390384
Monday, 12/14 5:00 PM https://unh.zoom.us/j/92536065244
If you missed attending one of our Information Sessions, no worries! Here is a video of one of our Information Sessions for you to view.
Here is a resume template and career guides to help you get started. UNH Career and Professional Success is there to help! https://www.unh.edu/career/resources
Should you have any questions about the RA Selection process or experience difficulties scheduling your interviews, please let us know. We are happy to help along the way and wish you the best of luck as you embark on this journey.
For any questions about the RA Selection process, please contact Katie Bartholomew at Katie.Bartholomew@unh.edu.