Welcome to #WildcatCountry
We are so happy to have you! Your first step is to complete the Housing/Dining Application. The first-year housing/dining application is available online in our Housing Portal. When you log in to the Housing Portal (Apply Now! above) please complete the 2021-2022 Academic Year Application. This application will provide us the important information on how best to assign you.
As long as you initially complete your application by the deadline of May 1, the application remains open to you for roommate edits/updates until May 21 and all other edits/updates until June 25! So feel free to rethink and reconsider your options until you are satisfied with your "Wildcat Country Home Away from Home" preferences.
First-year assignment information will be released in early-July. The assignment is viewable on the Housing Portal in the Housing Application on the Summary Page. Don't forget, the enrollment and housing/dining deposit is due by May 1, 2021. So, get started by:
- Login Using Your UNH Credentials
- Select the "Housing Application" from the blue menu bar
- Select the 2021-2022 Academic Year Term & Continue
What to Bring
When you arrive at UNH, your room will be furnished with:
- Twin bed with 36x80" mattress (twin XL)
- Desk and chair
- Closet space
- Window blinds
- Bed guard rail (installation guide)
- Some halls have bunkable or loftable beds
You will be responsible for these items for the length of your stay.
- Cleaning supplies/dish soap
- Disinfectant wipes and spray
- Reusable water bottle
- Dry erase board for door
- Trash can (Recycling Bin provided in room)
- Laundry bag or basket
- Laundry detergent/dryer balls
- Clothes hangers
- 3 cloth face coverings (minimum)
- Small first aid kit
- Flip flops/shower shoes
- Shower caddy
- Personal Toiletries
- Sheets (XL Twin)/pillowcases
- Blankets/comforter (XL Twin)
- Smart strip surge protector
- Computer/supporting cables
- Electronic/USB storage
- Portable charger/Power bank
- Mini tool kit
- Can opener
- Area rug
- Small refrigerator*
- Drying rack
- Fabric softener and stain remover
- Iron and Ironing board
- Mini sewing kit
- Lint brush
- Mattress pad
- Portable speakers
- Extension cords
*Microwaves rated with a power output of 800 watts or less, either a stand-alone unit or a part of a microwave-refrigerator combination.
*Refrigerators sized less than 4.5 cubic feet are permitted. We suggest one refrigerator per two students. Please see the Room and Board Agreement for more information.
*Bikes – Some halls, but not all, have indoor bike rooms to lock up bikes. All halls have outdoor bike racks.
- Toaster oven
- Electric blanket
- Hot plates
- items non-recognized to a UL standard by a nationally recognized testing laboratory
- Halogen lamps
- Pets-except non-dangerous fish in a 10 gallon or less tank
- Firearms/weapons including airsoft guns
Life on Campus
Living in one of our residence halls will provide you with a chance to grow as a person while being supported by our professional live-in Residence Hall Director staff and undergraduate Resident Assistants. Our residential experience is designed to provide fun and engaging activities, opportunities to meet new people and offer resources as you find your way on campus.
Living with a Roommate
Your first year at UNH offers an amazing opportunity to meet new people, starting with your roommates! Most first-year roommates are randomly matched based on their answers to 7 lifestyle questions on the housing application. Assignments are typically available in early July. An email will be sent to your UNH account with instructions for looking up your assignment and roommate. We encourage you to contact your roommate to introduce yourself and to begin talking about things like who will bring what, who might like the top bunk and what you hope to get out of the roommate experience.