If you did not participate in the online sign-up process and want to continue living on-campus in the fall, please contact the Housing Office (603-862-2120) as soon as possible so we can assist you with your fall housing assignment on campus.
If you did select a space and wish to cancel your housing for the Fall, please visit our Cancellation page for the most current information.
Residence Hall Housing Sign-Up
Current residents who want to return to our residence halls for 2021-2022 must participate in a 2021-2022 Housing Sign-Up process.
Steps to Take
- Complete a 2020-2021 housing application. All students who want to return to on-campus apartment or residence halls must complete a housing application.
- Form your housing group. All housing selections are made as a group. If you are looking for a Single, you must create a group of "1".
- Select your Group's space. Only Group Leaders can enter their group's space at the housing sign-up time-slot.
View a Sneak Peek of housing selection screens.
Want to Move to an On-Campus Apartment?
Students who currently live at Gables or Woodside and residence hall students who would like to move there, participate in the Call Dibs Apartment Sign-Up process.
Important Housing Dates
Housing Application (online in the Housing Portal)
January 25 - Feb 25: Housing Application opens 8:00am, Jan 25 and closes February 25 at 4:30pm.
- You must complete a Housing Application and form a Housing group in order to select a space.
- If you are a current apartment resident, please complete the Housing Application by Feb 18 so you can participate in the Call Dibs Apartment Resident Selection process.
Call Dibs Apartment Selection Process (online in the Housing Portal)
February 18: Apartment Returners must complete their application by this date so they can participate in their exclusive Call Dibs selection process.
February 19: Apartment Returners get their sign-up timeslots (in the 2021-2022 Housing Application in the Housing Portal)
February 23: Full Group Apartment Returners select their space (timeslots needed)
February 24-25: Full Apartment Groups select their space (no timeslot required)
February 26: Residence Hall Students get their timeslots for their Call Dibs Apartment Sign-Up (in the 2021-2022 Housing Application in the Housing Portal)
March 2: Residence Hall student groups select their on-campus apartment space
March 3: Partial Residence Hall student groups who wanted an apartment are assigned by Housing personnel
Residence Hall Selection Process (online in the Housing Portal)
March 3: Residence Hall Students get their In-Hall timeslots (found in the 2021-2022 Housing Application in the Housing Portal)
March 4: In-Hall room selection process
March 5: Residence Hall Students receive their Between-Hall timeslots (found in the 2021-2022 Housing Application in the Housing Portal)
March 9: Between-Hall Room Selection Process (suites)
March 10: Between-Hall Room Selection Process (traditional)
March 12-16: Between-Hall Room Selection Process for random roommate assignments. Any student who has not yet chosen a space on March 4 (In-Hall Process) or March 9 & 10 (Between-Hall Process), can log back in beginning on March 12 and can select a space from available rooms across campus. This process is first-come first-served and is open until 11:59pm on March 16.
What You Need to Know
- Congreve Hall typically fills quickly with seniors and juniors during the In-Hall and Between Hall process.
- Popular halls that you like, are probably the popular halls that a lot of other students like as well (think Congreve, Handler, Peterson, Mills); demand will be high and those halls’ open spaces will go quickly. Be realistic, chances are first year students aren’t going to get a double in Congreve or Handler or a four-person suite in Mills.
- Most of the time, the large suites in Mills Hall are taken during their In-Hall process. Same goes for Handler Hall’s large suites.
- The one sure way to get into Mills Hall as a rising first-year student, is to be pulled in by a student who already lives there.
- Groups must fill both sides of a suite!
- If you are looking for people to fill a group, try the UNH Class of 20XX on Facebook.