APPLY FOR AN APARTMENT IN THREE STEPS:
- Complete the housing application before the deadline
- Form your apartment group
- Have the group captain select your group's space
Check out the application's timeline:
- Friday, October 14: On-Campus Apartment's Application Opens
- Monday, October 31: On-Campus Apartment's Application Closes
RETURNING APARTMENT RESIDENTS
- Monday, October 31: Timeslots are distributed for returning apartment residents in the evening
- Wednesday, November 2 – Sunday, November 6: Returners can select an apartment if their group can fully fill the space
- Tuesday, November 8 – Wednesday, November 9: Returners whose group cannot fully fill an apartment will be placed by the Housing Assignment Team
RESIDENCE HALL RESIDENTS
- Thursday, November 10: Timeslots are distributed for residence hall residents in the evening
- Tuesday, November 15 – Wednesday, November 16: Students can select an apartment if their group can fully fill the space
- Thursday, November 17: Individual applicants or partial groups will be placed by the Housing Assignment Team, if spaces are available
What's your status?
|I CURRENTLY LIVE IN THE ON-CAMPUS APARTMENTS AND I WANT TO STAY!||I LIVE IN THE RESIDENCE HALLS AND WANT TO MOVE TOT THE APARTMENTS||I LIVE OFF-CAMPUS AND WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO GABLES OR WOODSIDE!|
Apartment Selection Process for On-Campus Apartment Residents:
Apartment Selection Process for Residence Hall Residents:
Students living off-campus are able to join a group and participate in the apartment selection process. However, off-campus students cannot be the captain of their group and at least one person in their group must currently be an on-campus resident.
If you are not part of a group and would like to live in the on-campus apartments for the 2023-2024 academic year, please complete an On-Campus Housing Request at the beginning of March to be considered.
- If you are not a resident of the on-campus apartments during the Selection Process, join a group where at least one of the members already lives in Gables or Woodside. Current residents receive first choice in their respective building.
- Make sure that at least one of your group members has a high number of credits earned.
- Keep in mind that 6 person apartments at Gables and 4 person apartments at Woodside are the most available spaces. If you aim for those, your chances will be higher!
- Check our table on the drop-down below for more information on what type of apartments are available on-campus.
On-Campus Apartment spaces fill up quickly. Be prepared and have a plan B for other spaces on campus. The application for Residence Halls opens on early Spring!
THE GABLES APARTMENTS
|6 person (3 doubles)||28||26||28||0||0||82|
|5 person (2 doubles + 1single)||2||3||2||7||6||20|
|5 person (1 double + 3 singles)||0||0||0||4||5||9|
|4 person (2 doubles)||5||2||5||0||0||12|
|4 person (4 singles)||0||0||0||13||17||30|
|4 person (1 double + 2 singles)||0||0||0||13||24||37|
|3 person (3 singles)||0||0||0||2||1||3|
|3 person (1single + 1 double)||0||0||0||0||4||
THE WOODSIDE APARTMENTS
|Apartment Types||Woodside Apartments|
|4 person (2 doubles)||98|
Here is how our population generally breaks down:
- The majority of 3, 4 and 5 person apartments at Gables are occupied by Juniors.
- The majority of 6 person apartments at Gables are occupied by Sophomores.
- The majority of 4 person Woodside apartments are occupied by Sophomores.
And here is the breakdown of apartments per enrollment class for 22-23:
|Gables Doubles||37% Sophomore||29% Junior||26% Senior||8% other|
|Gables Singles||5% Sophomore||33% Junior||56% Senior||6% other|
|Woodside Doubles||30% Sophomore||39% Junior||12% Senior||19% other|
If you do not have a full group to fill all the spaces in your desired apartment but are still hoping to return to Gables or Woodside, our apartment selection process will allow you to complete the application, form your group (even if it's a group of one!). Once the application is completed, all you have to do is wait to be placed after the self-selection process. The Assignments Coordinator for Apartments will work to manually assign you to an apartment space with other partial groups. Even if you don't have a full group, there's a great opportunity for you to to get a wonderful placement in the on-campus apartments. Don't forget, we prioritize returners!
- Your sign up time is issued based on current earned credits. The more credits you have earned, the earlier your sign-up time will be. If you are a first year student (rising Sophomore), remember that your chances to get a single in the apartments will be lower than other students with more credits.
- If you currently live in the on-campus apartments and don't have a group that fills your desired apartment type, you can still apply. The Assignments Coordinator for Apartments will work with all apartment returners applying individually or with a partial group to consolidate and fill apartments. This will happen before applicants from the Residence Halls get to select apartments. Please understand that not all apartment types or room types will be available.
The similarity in cost may surprise you! Per semester, a traditional residence hall double plus the core meal plan actually costs a little bit more than a double room in a 6-person Gables apartment and the largest swipe meal plan! If you would rather do more of your own cooking, meal plans are optional for apartment residents. Add in free break housing and the savings go up.
|Room Type||Academic Year||Rate Per Year|
|3, 4 and 5 Person Apartment Double||2022-2023||$9,298|
|6 Person Apartment Double||2022-2023||$8,860|
Yes! Apartments can be co-ed but bedrooms are not. Your direct roommate (the one you share a bedroom with) would have to share the same gender you identify as. However, you may choose to share a room with someone of any gender identity that is most comfortable and appropriate to their own identity if you opt for Gender Inclusive Housing on the application. Learn more here!
Yes! They remain open during Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks at no additional cost! You are free to come and go as you please during those break periods.
No, you shouldn't! The best course of action is to start as early as possible and get your group together. Form your housing group early! That way you are prepared for the selection process when it begins.
You’ll be automatically added to our apartment waitlist, as we will be able to see that you filed your housing applications and formed a group online. We will call your group leader if spaces open for your group members at Gables or Woodside. Every year we are able to accommodate a number of groups from the apartment waitlist, so stay positive! Additionally, if you have any specific questions or requests about your apartment assignment or your hope to live at Gables or Woodside next year, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also don’t forget that we offer the opportunity for you to participate in Block Housing which gives groups of 6-12 friends the opportunity to select a block of rooms together in specific residence halls.
The Apartment Selection Process is finished. All apartments have been filled. If you would like your group to be placed on an apartment wish-list, please send an email to email@example.com.
In your email please:
- list the names of all the people in your group
- what apartment complex you'd like to be wish-listed for. Or if both the Gables and Woodside, please state that.
- if there are any other things we need to know about your request, please be sure to include that information as well.
We maintain the wish-list from now until the Fall Move-In. We work on making assignments from the wish-list as vacancies occur in the apartment complexes. We encourage you to submit a wish-list request to the address above if you are interested in an apartment space.