The Call Dibs Apartment selection process is finished for academic year 2021-2022. All apartments have been filled. If you would like your group to be placed on an apartment wish-list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email please:
- list the names of all the people in your group
- what apartment complex you'd like to be wish-listed for. Or if both the Gables and Woodside, please state that.
- if there are any other things we need to know about your request, please be sure to include that information as well.
We maintain the wish-list from now until the Fall Move-In. We work on making assignments from the wish-list as vacancies occur in the apartment complexes. We encourage you to submit a wish-list request to the address above if you are interested in an apartment space.
The similarity in cost may surprise you! Per semester, a traditional residence hall double plus the core meal plan actually costs a little bit more than a double room in a 6-person Gables apartment and the largest swipe meal plan! If you would rather do more of your own cooking, meal plans are optional for apartment residents. Add in free break housing and the savings go up.
If you have less than a full-group (say just you or just you and one or two friends) and are hoping to secure a space within an apartment, our Call Dibs process will allow you to complete the application, form your group, and you'll be manually assigned by the On-Campus Apartment Coordinator. They will work with you to ensure that you are assigned to an apartment space with other partial groups. So even if you don't have a full group, there's a great opportunity for you to get an wonderful assignment at the on-campus apartments.
Yes! They remain open during Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks at no additional cost! You are free to come and go as you please during those break periods.
No, you shouldn't! As a matter of fact, the best course of action is to start as early as possible and get your group together and form your housing group early. That way you are prepared for the selection process when it begins.
You’ll be automatically added to our apartment waitlist, as we will be able to see that you indeed filed your housing applications and formed a group online. We will call your group captain if spaces open for your group members at Gables or Woodside! Last year we were able to accommodate many groups on the apartment waitlist, so stay positive! Additionally, if you have any specific questions or requests about your apartment assignment or your hope to live at Gables or Woodside next year, contact email@example.com. Also don’t forget we offer the opportunity for you to participate in Block Housing which gives groups of 6-12 friends the opportunity to select a block of rooms together in specific residence halls.
Any student participating in the Call Dibs apartment selection process agrees that they are NOT a "placeholder” for a different student – they fully intend to live at Gables or Woodside for the academic year and are bound by all terms of the Room & Board agreement, including the Cancellation Charge Schedule.
Call Dibs Process Information
Interested in living in our on-campus apartments for academic year 2021-2022? Here are some preliminary dates so you can start making plans:
- Jan. 25-Feb. 18: Complete 2021-2022 Housing Application
- Jan. 25-Feb. 22: Form your apartment group
- Feb. 23-25: Call Dibs Selection for current apartment residents
- March 2: Call Dibs Selection for residence hall residents
What's Your Status?
Exclusive Call Dibs apartment selection process for on-campus apartment residents
- Complete a Housing Application on line for 2021-2022 (Jan. 25-Feb. 18)
- Create a group that fills the apartment you want (Jan. 25-Feb. 18)
- Get your sign-up timeslot in the portal Housing Application (Feb. 19)
- Pick your space timeslot required (Feb. 23)
- Pick your space no timeslot necessary (Feb. 24 & 25)
*If you don’t have a group that fills an apartment, you will not select a space in the online process. Our Apartment Assignments Coordinator will work with all currently assigned partial groups to consolidate and fill apartments.
The Call Dibs Apartment selection process for residence hall residents
- Complete a Housing Application on line for 2021-2022 (Jan. 25-Feb. 25)
- Create a group that fills the apartment you want (Jan. 25-Feb. 25)
- Get your sign-up timeslot in the portal Housing Application (Feb. 26)
- Pick your space (March 2)
Students living off-campus are able to join a group and participate in the Call Dibs apartment selection process but they cannot be the captain of their group and at least one person in their group must currently be an on-campus resident.