Healthy UNH works to enhance, support, and connect people to physical activity programs to foster lifelong well-being and empower community members to take ownership of their health.
We do this by:
- Cultivating partnerships with campus organizations to enhance and support physical activity programming, infrastructure, and environment on all campuses;
- Promoting physical activity offerings on all UNH campuses; and
- Educating the UNH community about the benefits of lifelong physical activity to encourage active lifestyles.
Employee Fitness Program
The Employee Fitness Program is located in the Field House on the UNH-Durham campus and is approximately 3,600 square feet in size.
All faculty and staff are eligible to use the exercise facility, and although it is preferable that individuals enroll in the UNH Employee Fitness Program, it is not mandatory.
Campus Rec Memberships
Employees are able to join the Hamel Recreation Center with monthly or yearly rates, as well as with multi-pass visits. Campus Rec memberships qualify for the USNH Cigna Fitness Club Reimbursement benefit.
For information about membership options, details and fees, visit Campus Recreation.
Equipment is available for rent in Hamel Rec Center (HRC) Room 107.
- Rates are 1-day, Each additional day is +$1 (max price/item is the 7-day rate)
- Full payment due at pick-up
- A student ID# or drivers license is needed for renting.
- Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis.
CIGNA Fitness Reimbursement: UNH
Get reimbursed up to $300 per family per calendar year for eligible fitness expenses. Employees, retirees, and dependents are eligible for the Fitness Reimbursement Program if they participate in the University System of New Hampshire (USNH) medical plan administered by Cigna.
College Woods Trail
Implemented during the fall of 2016 as part of UNH’s commitment to the Partnership for a Healthier America’s Healthier Campus Initiative, the College Woods Trail is just one way UNH is working to become a healthier place.
Reggie Atkins Track & Field Facility
Named in honor of Coach Sweet’s top quarter miler Reggie “Racetrack” the Atkins, Reggie F. Atkins Outdoor Track & Field facility was made possible through generosity of private donations and is the home of UNH Outdoor Track & Field.
Wildcat Workout Project
Come workout in the Jerry Azumah Performance Center with UNH Strength Coaches. This program qualifies for UNH Fitness Reimbursement!
Campus Recreation provides outstanding experiences to enhance healthy lifestyles in the UNH community.
Looking to work out, play club or intramural sports, or go on an adventure through nature? Campus Rec has a variety of programming for everyone to enjoy, including: