Senior Advice to Incoming Freshmen
A Little Insight Before Starting College!
If you are a new to the Wildcat family, welcome! You may hear this often, but the next four years is going to fly by. You’re going to make some of the best friends you could have ever asked for, learn how to multitask, and most importantly, learn how to be a functioning adult.
During your time at UNH, here are some helpful tips to make the most out of your experience:
1. Join every club that interests you the first day of college.
- Wildcat Link is a great resource. Joining organizatoins is a fantastic way to meet new people!
2. Utilize the health services at the Hamel Recreation Center.
- This is fairly new, and something almost every senior wishes they had more time utilizing. Enoy massages, a meditation room, art therapy, and some fun infused refreshments. This is one of the many amazing amenities that UNH offers!
3. Start your resume early and go to the Writing Center for help!
- The Connors Writing Center offers many writing resources, and you can make an appointment to look over your resume, help with your cover letter, and sharpen your interview skills!
4. Volunteer as much as you can.
- New Hampshire has so many volunteer opportunities. Your workload is going to increase each year, which means while you have more free time during freshmen year, take advantage of it! It looks great on your resume.
5. Enjoy the scenery of New Hampshire!
- There are parks, water views, and mountains around the area. There’s a reason UNH is one of the most beautiful campuses around. Don’t be discouraged when the winter storms around this area gets rough. Use it to your advantage!
Ultimately, your college experience is what you make of it. Four years from now, you are going to be giving other freshmen your own advice. Make the most of what you have, and definitely take advantage of everything UNH has to offer!