My Favorite “Healthful” Resources
May 10, 2017
Resources to Keep in Mind Before You Graduate!
As a senior with graduation approaching very quickly, I’ve been looking back on my four years spent here and all of the healthy resources I’ve had the opportunity to utilize.
A short list of my few favorite things includes:
- Intramural Sports: Intramural sports here at UNH give students the chance to engage in organized sports that they wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise, all while having a carefree and fun time! A few I highly recommend are broom ball and water polo!
- Massages at health services: While an undergraduate here I utilized the massage therapy offered by UNH Health Services. There’s nothing quite like distressing, especially at a reduced price you can find here.
- Outdoor Pool: Very little makes me as sad as the fact that I am graduating right as UNH finished the Outdoor Pool, so all you underclassmen do me a favor and take full advantage of this awesome resource!
- UNH Serves: Throughout the year, if you keep an eye out, you will be invited to participate in single days of community service. For those of us who are too busy to keep up with a set schedule of volunteering, UNH Serves is a great opportunity!
- Healthy UNH Internship: Finally, one of my very favorite things that I did as an undergrad was apply for the Healthy UNH Internship! Not only was it a great opportunity for me to put something on my resume, but also to connect with all of the rest of the awesome resources we have around campus! So if you are interested in health and health promotion, apply to this internship and who knows, you could love it to.
Overall my biggest piece of advice to all you lucky students who have at least one more semester here at UNH is to take full advantage of all of these resources, and the rest you find here on the Healthy UNH webpage.
How Getting Outside May Improve Your Mood, Even in the Dead of Winter The changing of seasons... Read more
Daily habits that can help you avoid sickness and prevent the spread of viruses to others too! It... Read more