Recipe Of The Week
Burrito Spaghetti Squash Boats
Winter brings cold, gloomy weather. Warm up with these delicious burrito spaghetti squash boats! Squash is not only delicious, but it provides a healthy amount of vitamin A, fiber, and folate! This recipe brings all the comfort that a big pasta meal would bring, but it leaves you feeling more energized and filled with nutrients. Even better, a medium sized spaghetti squash only costs around $2.00, making it budget friendly! This recipe takes both pasta and burritos and puts a fun, healthy spin on them.
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, halved, seeds removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil - 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/2 onion, chopped - Salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced - Cracked peper
- 1 lb. ground meat (I used 99% lean ground turkey!) - 1 can black beans
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 2tbsp. cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly coat the squash with olive oil, salt, chili powder and cumin. Place the squash face down on baking sheet and roast until tender. Using a fork, comb through to break apart the spaghetti strands.
- In a large skillet, add all the filling ingredients until meat is cooked all the way through (no more pink). Stir in taco seasoning.
- Fill each spaghetti squash boat with topping and top with cheese. Put back into oven until cheese is nice and melty (about five minutes).
I also topped mine with salsa and fresh avocado! Try this warming recipe next time you’re looking to try out a new recipe, you will not regret it!