How To Meditate For 10 Minutes A Day During Your Work Week
The Benefits Will Amaze You
What has you stressed out today? Let’s face it – almost everyone is stressed out with everything on their to-do lists. One of the many reasons people start to meditate is because of the benefits gained from the practice. Mental and physical stress creates a chemical reaction in bodies that causes a higher level of the stress hormone called cortisol, this chemical helps your body deal with stress. By meditating, people’s stress levels will be reduced, an improvement in sleep will be noticed, blood pressure will slowly decrease, and people feel happier.
How to meditate at your desk:
- Find a quiet place at work.
- Pay attention to your breathing.
- Become aware of your body, starting at your feet and working your way up to your head.
- Think of the sensations you are feeling, any discomforts?
- try to pay attention to how you are feeling. Try not to get distracted or let your mind roam.
- Once you have finished your body scan, you can go back to the rest of your day feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
If you are looking for guided meditation classes in the area, search for yoga studios, they are likely to have classes for people of all meditation levels.
The best way to protect your mental health against the symptoms of work-related stress is to establish a healthy work-life balance.