Maintaining Wellness Throughout The Winter
How To Beat The Winter Blues Instead Of Hibernating
Although the holiday season has come to an end, the winter season seems like it’s just beginning. When it gets dark out early, and its bitterly cold outside, sometimes it’s hard to gain motivation to do something. Until warmer months approach us, here are some ideas to keep in mind while trying to beat the cold weather blues.
- Exercise by joining a gym class, or doing yoga while watching TV. Exercising can help increase your levels of serotonin and endorphins therefore leading to a happier YOU!
- Socialize by reaching out to friends to ensure you have a positive outlook. Sometimes it’s hard in these cold winter months to not isolate yourself from society. By joining a club, or hosting game nights with friends, it can help you stay involved in your community and friend circle.
- Eat Well by ensuring you’re eating the proper intake of fruits and vegetables each day. Healthy food that’s filled with protein and whole grains will keep your energy levels up, leading you to be more productive and energetic.
- Take Vitamin D since we typically get it from the sun, we tend to lack this in the winter. Studies show that those who lack vitamin D tend to have a worsened mood. Vitamin D will help enhance calcium absorption and strengthen your bones.
- Regulate A Sleep Schedule so you can avoid naps throughout the day. Naps are proven to throw off your sleep schedule, and taking them everyday could provide significant lack of sleep at night time. Not getting enough sleep can lead to anxiety, mood disorders, and depression.
If you’re still feeling low after these tips provided above, try speaking with your doctor on some other ways to beat the winter blues.