Tips and Tricks For A Better Night's Sleep
Find Out How To Make The Most Of Your Eight Hours
Leading a healthy life can seem simple, move your body, eat right and get enough sleep. If you’re anything like me, it can be easy to prioritize work, school, and other obligations and end up putting sleep on the back-burner. This could leave you feeling irritable, run down, and have a negative effect on work and school.
So, why is sleep so important to living a healthy life? Sleep is important because:
- Improves concentration and productivity
- Maximizes energy levels (for exercise and activities of daily living)
- Decreases your chances of getting sick
- Decreases the chance of excess weight gain
- Enhances the ability to interact on a social level
If you have trouble getting and staying asleep, ways to get a better night sleep, and improve sleep quality include:
- Make a sleep schedule – go to bed and wake up at the same time every day
- Have a bedtime ritual – try reading, using lavender oil, or stretching
- Avoid napping – this can be detrimental to sleeping at night
- Change your sleeping arrangements
If you’re having a hard time sleeping, try to make a point to better your sleeping habits, it could be the key to a happier and healthier you!