What's The Deal With Spin Classes?
Try Out The Hottest New Workout – Also Offered At The Hamel Rec Center!
If you haven’t heard about them yet, you’re bound to hear about them soon. Instagram,
Facebook and Twitter are all buzzing with the latest exercise trend – Spinning or Cycling classes. Cycling classes are typically 60 minutes in length and involve a cardio-centered, leg strengthening workout, all while being low impact. Taking a cycling class (preferably more than once per week) will:
- Reduce stress
- Help with weight loss
- Aid in heart disease prevention
- Boost the immune system
- Build stamina that can aid in other cardiovascular activities
Offered at the Hamel Rec Center here on campus, their classes are described as having high energy levels, frequent cycling form checks, constant encouragement, and upbeat, fun music! Classes are offered almost every single day including:
- Mondays: 6:30am, 12:10pm, and 6:45pm
- Tuesdays: 4:30pm and 6:45pm
- Wednesdays: 6:30am, 12:10pm, 4:30pm, and 6:45pm
- Thursdays: 7:15am, 12:10pm, and 5:30pm
- Fridays: 9:30am
- Sundays: 6:45pm