Need a New Workout?
Find Out the Benefits of Circuit Training
Ever find yourself bored running on the treadmill or doing the same weight lifting routine every time you’re at the gym? Looking to switch up your workout? Give circuit training a go!
Circuit training is a form of conditioning and resistance training using more high-intensity aerobics than regular resistance training. It is a workout that builds endurance capacity as well as strengthening muscles! Circuit training is typically a set of 8-10 different exercises performed anywhere from 30 seconds – 3 minutes, at least 3 times through, and it can always be modified and changed to fit the person or time frame.
The benefits of circuit training include:
- Keeps exercise interesting
- Saves time (can be done in under 1 hour)
- Can be performed at home, at the gym, or anywhere!
- Boosts metabolism (thanks to the HIIT style of the workout)
- Keeps heart rate up for the entire workout
- Builds muscular endurance
- Builds cardiovascular endurance
- Improves body composition