Physical Activity Rate Drops
Ways to Easily Keep Yourself Fit
College is a crazy time for young adults. With the switch of scenery, adjustment to new people and new habits, it can be difficult to take time out to exercise. Unfortunately, studies have found a 24 percent decrease in physical activity among young adults. Most often it happens with young adults transitioning in to college.
Schedules can be busy, but here are some simple ways to help incorporate exercise in your daily routine:
- Walk, bike, or rollerblade your commute (if it is reasonable!)
- Take your phone calls while you walk
- Do work/read on the treadmill or stationary bike
- Sign up for a gym class (1-2 hours per week is a start!)
- Instead of sitting at a coffee shop, walk with the coffee to go with your pals
20 percent of premature deaths can be PREVENTED by regular physical activity! Healthy People 2020 is a movement dedicated to helping the health of Americans, and they provide some great objectives and steps to achieve these goals.