Turn Your Chores into Workouts
November 28, 2016
Routine Chores can be Fun if you Make it Fun!
Here are some ideas on how to get the most out of your housework:
- Engage your core!
- You can strengthen your abdominal core by engaging your abs and obliques while you mop, rake, and even wash dishes.
- Vacuum Cleaning
- Extending your arm until it is fully extended and retract to its starting position for a single repetition.
- You can burn about 180 calories in 30 minutes, and you work out your calf, core, and triceps.
- Dance While You Cook!
- No matter where you are—dorm, apartment, or house—turn your music on and dance while you wait for your food to be done.
- In 30 minutes, depending on how much and how long you dance for, you can burn up to 80-400 calories.
- Cleaning Windows/Mirrors
- Try moving your sponge or cloth in a circular motion.
- This works out your shoulders and biceps, and burns about 125 calories in 30 minutes.
Whatever you decide to do, it is just important to keep your body active and have a good time doing so!
Tips To Avoid Feeling Sluggish At Work Did you know that sitting at your desk all day long can have... Read more
Really? We’ve all heard the adage “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” But is it... Read more
The Benefits Will Amaze You What has you stressed out today? Let’s face it – almost everyone is... Read more