Sweat Less, Swim More
Swimming as a Full Body Workout
If you love an intense cardio workout but want to avoid the sweaty aftermath, swimming may be the right choice for you. It’s a lower impact activity and it can be less stressful to your body when compared to other cardiovascular activities, like running.
Here are 10 Hidden Benefits of Swimming:
1. Swimming improves social well-being.
2. Swimming teaches goal orientation.
3. Kids who swim become active adults.
4. Swimming makes you smarter.
5. Swimming teaches team-building skills.
6. Swimming burns more calories than jogging.
7. Swimming slows down aging.
8. Swimming is good for asthma.
9. Swimmers are more confident.
10. Swimming requires minimal gear.
The Swasey Indoor Pool, located in the Field House, is 25 yards long. This means a swimmer needs to cover about 66 pool lengths to complete a mile. There are eight lap lanes, which are available to the UNH community during open swim hours.
So what are you waiting for? Try swimming today!