Does Work Leave You Feeling Too Busy to Exercise?
Tips For Adding More Physical Activity Into Busy Work Schedules
The older we get, the busier we get. The more we work, the more apt we are to feeling more tired and lazier at the end of a long work day.
Whether you’re an adjunct or full-time employee at UNH, you can’t let work interfere with including physical activity into your daily schedule. Physical activity is one of the most important aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
According to the Center of Disease Control and Prevention, regular physical activity will allow you to see many health benefits including:
- Weight control.
- Reduced risk of many illnesses including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and cancer.
- Improvement of strength and mental wellness.
- Decreased risk of death.
Why put your health and overall wellbeing at risk because of your busy schedule? Physical activity can be an #EasyAddition to your life. The physical activity you add into your life doesn’t have to take much time; something short and sweet is better than nothing at all. Some things to take into consideration when planning for more physical activity may be as simple as:
- Riding your bike to work.
- Parking as far away from the store or work as possible so you can walk the remainder of the way.
- Getting up 30 minutes earlier and going for a light jog or brisk walk.
- Doing pushups and sit-ups while watching TV.
- Taking the stairs.
However, little additions count. You can do it UNH employees. #Motivation is key and goal setting is very important when accomplishing your needs and wants.