Tired of Sitting at Work All Day?
Discover the benefits of getting active during lunch.
Does sitting at a desk all day drain your energy? It can be repetitive and it is bad for your productivity and health. To break up your day behind the desk, head outside to exercise during your lunch break.
There are many benefits of exercising on your lunch break, including:
- It boosts your mood and energy levels by releasing endorphins. This produces a feeling of general wellbeing.
- It creates more free time, so you don’t have to wake up early to work out or go after work.
- It reduces your chances of getting sick because you will be out of your seat and will not be sitting for long periods of time, which decreases your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It reduces stress because exercise has been proven to help you to de-stress. Exercise also releases more serotonin in our brain, which is a mood stabilizer and relieves depression.
- It can also improve your problem solving skills because exercising causes more oxygen intake, which creates new connections in your brain and improves your cognitive performances.
There are many ways here at UNH that you can exercise during your lunch break. You can take a walk through College Woods, or along Main St. You could also take advantage of The Hamel Recreational Center, Swasey Pool, or look up a walking trail through Durham.
Whatever you decide to do, the most important thing is that you get up and get moving.