Kick off the summer right; make walking a habit!
On June 3, 2015, students, faculty, and staff will join together in front of the Whitt to participate in the 7th annual Walk NH at UNH on the Durham campus.
This event encourages people to get excited about getting active and overall wellness. #WalkNHunh is an opportunity to socialize with friends, family, coworkers, and meet other members of our community. Walking is a great exercise because it is easy, free, and can be done anywhere.
According to the American Heart Association, “Walking briskly can lower your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes as much as running.” All three of these lower your risk of having a heart disease or stroke. So, grab a pedometer or use your smartphone to track your steps. Challenge yourself to reach 10 thousand steps per
The American Heart Association gives the following 7 Reasons to walk
- Reduce your risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- Improve your blood pressure, blood sugar levels and blood lipid profile
- Maintain your body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance your mental well-being
- Reduce your risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce your risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
Do your part in helping making UNH the healthiest campus by 2020. Join us on June 3rd 11:30 am-1:30 pm. To learn more and register, visit the Healthy UNH Walk NH at UNH website.