The Power Of Pumpkin
How Adding Pumpkin To Your Diet Can Improve Your Health!
Fall is upon us, and carving pumpkins is a fun and festive way to get into the spirit. Carving pumpkins is something that can be enjoyed by all ages, and an activity you can do with your family, friends, roommates, or even alone! But, have you ever considered incorporating pumpkin into your life in a different way, perhaps even your diet?
Pumpkins have many amazing health benefits and should be something to consider including in your diet. There are many ways to include pumpkin as it is a very versatile ingredient and can even be used as a substitute for oil in many baking recipes! Here are some reasons why you should consider eating more pumpkin, as from the OSF Health Care site!
- Improved eyesight and immunity. Pumpkins contain something called beta-carotene (hence the vibrant orange color), which our bodies convert into Vitamin A. Vitamin A is extremely helpful for both our eyesight and immune system, and one cup of canned pumpkin contains 250% of our recommended daily amount of Vitamin A!
- Better heart health. Heart-healthy foods are those that are low in sugar, salt, and fat, but high in fiber. Pumpkin qualifies for all of these categories!
- Enhanced bone health. Pumpkin is a great source of potassium, which not only helps your bone health, but it can also work to regulate your blood pressure. Potassium can also decrease your risk of diabetes!
- High in fiber. Pumpkin is actually considered a fruit, and just like all other fruits it has plenty of fiber! Fiber is great for helping regulate bowel movements, keeping the cholesterol levels in your body low, and keeping your blood sugars from spiking! Fiber may also leave you feeling full longer.
- Pumpkin seeds are packed with magnesium. The seeds inside the pumpkin are also very nutritious! This is because they are full of magnesium, which helps you maintain good bone health and lower your blood pressure.
With pumpkin season upon us, there are many delicious pumpkin recipes just waiting to be tried! Check out this page for a list of different recipes that include pumpkin!
What's your favorite pumpkin recipe? Let us know by emailing us @email@example.com!