Staying Healthy While Working
October 30, 2019
Photo Courtesy: Gold's Gym Blog
5 Things You Can Do To Make Your Work Week Healthier
Having a job with fluctuating hours can make it difficult to stick to a certain nutrition and meal schedule. Here are some ways to stick to your healthy habits:
- Do your best ot eat three full meals a day. Your plate should be half full of fruits and vegetables, and the other half should be grains and protein. Aim to make your grains "100% whole grain" and for your proteins to be either nuts, eggs, beans, tofu, or meat and seafood.
- Resist snacking. If you really need to have a snack, try to choose something nutritious that will give you energy, like yogurt, nuts, fruits, or vegetables.
- Prepare your meals ahead of time, so when you come home hungry from work, you can heat up an already prepared, healthy meal instead of snacking on something that does not fill you up.
- When grocery shopping for the work week ahead, buy healthy options that will nourish you and keep you full for the day. Try to stick to shopping on the perimeter of the grocery store, where there are more fresh produce options rather than the inside aisles where the more processed foods are sold.
- Get some rest after your long work day. Sleep is a huge factor to our health - try to aim for 7-9 hours of sleep a night.
Follow these steps to the best of your ability in order to make your work week easier.
How Physical Activity Can Prevent Cardiovascular Disease We have always heard the general... Read more
Prioritizing Your Wellness this Semester Welcome back, Wildcats! We have officially made it through... Read more