Eat Healthy, Save Money
Check Out These Tips On Eating Healthy For Less Money.
Do you find yourself spending too much money on groceries? Do you want to eat healthy? Are you concerned that you can’t eat healthy because its too expensive?
Trying to buy healthy foods and prepared meals can be a daunting task. This is especially true when comparing the cost of most whole foods such as protein and produce, to convenience foods such as chips and soda. However, with the proper planning, eating healthy can be easier and cheaper than going for the more convenient and seemingly cheaper option.
Here are a few tips to save money:
- Focus on vegetarian protein sources – beans, lentils, and eggs are much cheaper than steak and chicken.
- Stick to a shopping list – one of the best ways to save is not to impulse buy at the grocery store!
- Purchase frozen produce instead of fresh – frozen produce is just as good (if not more nutritious) than fresh produce. Not to mention, it will last much longer!
- Buy in bulk when possible – things like breakfast cereal, oatmeal, and granola bars will be cheaper if bought in larger quantities and won’t expire as quickly as fresh food.
- Don’t grocery shop while you are hungry – this can lead to impulse buying!
- Go for the store brand items – most of the time the store brand is the exact same as the name brand item.
- Plan meals for the week – if possible plan your meals around the sales going on that week.
Next time you grocery shop, use these tips to eat healthy and save money!