How To Build The Perfect Smoothie
Find Out How To Perfect The Perfect On The Go Snack
Smoothies are a great snack or meal replacement for any time of the day. They are perfect for traveling or being on the go and they pack so many nutrients! However, it can be hard to find the right consistency of a smoothie, or know what ingredients to add to get the most nutrients.
Here are the steps to creating a great smoothie:
- Choose a liquid base. This could be water, milk, non-dairy milk, juice, or chocolate milk
- Choose your fruit. Frozen fruit will give the smoothie a thicker consistency. Ideas for fruit include mixed berries, bananas, mangoes or cherries.
- Add in some greens. Smoothies are a great way to sneak greens (and micronutrients) into your daily life. Try adding fresh or frozen spinach to your next smoothie.
- Add in a healthy fat. This could be peanut butter, almond butter, sunbutter, or coconut butter! Try to keep this serving to 1-2 tbsp.
- Add in a protein boost. This can add a lot of satiation to your smoothie.
- Add a few ice cubes for just the right consistency.
- Blend and go!
Smoothies can be a great option for breakfast or post workout. Try one the next time you’re searching for something good and nutritious to eat. For more tips on healthy eating and recipes, check out our website!