Build A Better Breakfast
Learn How To Build A Breakfast That Will Keep You Full and Focused All The Way To Lunch
While the wonderufl holiday season comes to an end, and new years resolutions coming into full swing, it is crucial to stress the importance of eating breakfast every single morning. Breakfast is the meal that kick starts your metabolism for the day, and tells your body that you are no longer in a starvation mode from when you were sleeping. When you do not eat breakfast, your body believes that it needs to hold onto Calories that have not been used and store them for later use.
Benefits of eating breakfast in the morning include:
- Having a lower Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Having better memory and attention throughout the day
- Better chance of meeting the Dietary Guideline recommendations for fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and calcium
However, it is not just as simple as eating ANYTHING in the morning. Breakfast ideally should include:
- Whole grains such as oatmeal or whole wheat toast
- Protein such as eggs, nuts and seeds, or quinoa
- Healthy fats such as avocado or nut butter
- Antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables (the more color the better!)
Always remember that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day! Try prepping breakfast the night before to ensure an easy morning!