Why You Should Be Drinking Chocolate Milk
Find Out About The Perfect Post Workout Drink
We have all heard it time and time again, you need mass amounts of protein after a workout in order for your muscles to recover. However, this is not the case. Yes, you need some protein but you also need carbohydrates to replenish your glycogen stores, which have most likely been depleted with your workout. The truth is, your body can only absorb about 20-25 grams of protein at one time, anything above that your body just gets rid of. So, save the protein and focus on getting good carbs.
One of the best food choices after a workout is chocolate milk. Besides being a childhood favorite, chocolate milk is so great because:
- It has fluid and electrolytes for hydration
- Has protein for muscle repair (about 8g per 8oz serving)
- Has complex and simple carbohydrates to replenish what was lost
- Quick, and easy to eat post workout, especially if on the go
- Usually easier on the stomach than solid food after a workout
- It’s much cheaper than buying protein powder!