Looking For More Ways to Eat Vegetarian at a Cookout this Summer?
Find Out How to Make Easy and Healthy Veggie Burgers!
More and more people are making the switch to vegetarian, meaning that more people are learning what it means to be vegetarian. There are many different types of vegetarian diets, including Pescatarians (eat fish), Lacto-Ovo Vegetarians (eat dairy and eggs), and Vegans (no animal products).
This being said, you might not know how to accommodate vegetarians at a BBQ this summer, and here is how: veggie burgers! Veggie burgers come in many different varieties, for all the different levels of vegetarianism.
Here is a recipe for a quick and simple black bean veggie burger:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup jarred roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- In a large bowl, microwave black beans for 1 minute, until soft
- Add roasted red peppers, garlic, cayenne, cumin and salt. Mash until black beans are finely mashed. Add cornmeal and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, portion 5 patties from the mixture. Place onto a lightly greased parchment paper-lined sheet pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve and Enjoy!
For more veggie burger recipes, follow this link and be sure to cook some for your next summer barbeque!