5 Food Swaps That Will Make Healthy Eating Easier
Follow These Tips to Put Less Sugar, Chemicals, and Fat Into Your Diet.
A healthy lifestyle requires modifications, not restrictions. The simple act of swapping unhealthy foods for better nutritious foods can help you feel and look better. Small steps towards your health can further help you in developing healthier habits.
Check out these 5 healthy food swaps:
Refined, white sugar?Maple syrup, honey, agave nectar
- White sugar has been shown to suppress your immune system, that puts you at an increased risk of infections. It also spikes your blood sugar and has no nutrients, leaving you with sugar highs and lows that can have some pretty awful effects to your health.
- Switch out the dip you dunk your vegetables in. Ranch is high in fat and sodium, and only offers a small amount of nutrients.
- Hummus on the other hand, is made with chickpeas and offers plenty of protein, and comes in many different flavors to try.
Ice Cream?Frozen Yogurt, “Nice” Cream
- While most ice cream does offer a fair amount of vitamins and minerals, it contains an incredibly high fat and sugar content. This can lead to weight gain, cavities, and high cholesterol.
- “Nice” Cream is a new craze that has become popular as of late. If you are accessible to a blender or food processor, blend any frozen fruit of your choice, such as bananas, raspberries, or cherries. If these devices are not accessible, reach for frozen yogurt, which is lower in fat and calories.
Chocolate Chips?Cacao Nibs
- Cacao nibs are raw and the purest form of chocolate. It is considered a superfood that is packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber. They are essentially chocolate chips without the added sugars and fats.
- Soda is packed with too much sugar and artificial sweeteners, phosphoric acid, and has absolutely no nutritional value.
- Instead, flavor your water with fruits and vegetables! Try lemon, lime, strawberries, kiwi, or cucumbers.