5 Reasons Why an Employee Meal Plan Is a Healthy Choice
While the dining halls are certainly a place that students enjoy, over 500 faculty and staff members enjoy it also!
Each UNH faculty and staff meal plan gives you a set number of meals, which are good at Holloway Commons, Stillings Dining Hall, and Philbrook Dining Hall. Meals from your plan can be used to take a meal to go from any Dining Hall and also as a Meal Exchange at Union Court, during specific times. You can even use a meal on a guest!
Your meal plan can be paid through payroll deduction, doesn’t expire, and the unused portion can be refunded at any time. Find more information and to sign up, visit the Dining webpage.
Besides the dining halls being delicious, faculty and staff meal plans also have many health benefits.
- Getting away from your desk to sit down and socialize over a meal is a great way to relieve some stress, which can prevent future health problems down the road.
- Sometimes healthy foods are hard to pack. Pre-made salads can get soggy and apple slices can turn brown. The dining halls conveniently have a large variety of fruits, vegetables, and other healthy options.
- Not having to pack a lunch saves time. If you don’t have to wake up early to cook and pack a lunch, you have more time to sleep in, or more time for things later in the day.
- UNH Dining Halls make it easy to eat healthy. UNH Dining Halls have gotten rid of trans fats, brought in natural and organic foods, and reduced the use of sodium. The Guiding Stars nutritional program rates food based on the nutritional value. Foods high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and whole grains receive one to three stars. In addition, many of the plates in the Dining Halls have the Wildcat Plate, which shows what servings of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein you should eat, so you can easily get the right sized portions.
- It’s easily accessible. All the dining halls and retail location’s menus, address, specialties, and hours are posted on UNH’s Healthy Eating Guide website.
Additional Resource when Eating in the Dining Halls:
Nutrition Wellness at UNH provides meal ideas, education, and guidance while navigating the dining halls.