Are You Stressed? Take a Moment and Eliminate Your Stress
UNH Employees, Do You Feel Stressed? Do You Feel Like You Need to Find New Ways to Cope?
The moment you feel yourself getting stressed, stop and think of ways to remove the negativity and initial discomfort. Even though nutrition and physical activity are two of the most important components of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, your mental wellness is just as important.
Sustaining a negative state of mind will put your health at risk.
According to the American Psychological Association, minimizing stress will allow you to protect yourself from many long- term health defects. There are many things you can do to create a better mindset and minimize the stress that you’re feeling:
- Identifying what exactly is causing the stress you are feeling and trying to talk about it.
- Building strong relationships with family members or friends because they will be able to provide you with the best assistance and support.
- Walking away before you get angry.
- Taking a walk to reconsider your emotions.
- Resting your mind in order to be able to act with a clear mind.
- Getting help will allow you to learn different ways to manage stress and being able to identify what the exact cause of the stress may be.
UNH offers many health and wellness resources for both employees and students. The Healthy UNH Wellness Resource Guide can help you find what you’re looking for.
UNH Employees, go out and make a change. Your strong efforts to maintain a healthy lifestyle lies in the hands of sustaining a positive attitude and state of mind. Eating healthy, exercising regularly, and limiting stress are extremely important when staying healthy.