Spotlight On: Kelsey Chadwick
Name: Kelsey Chadwick
Position/Role at UNH: Student
- What does health mean to you?
Eating a variety of foods including fruits, vegetables, protein and grains.
- What do you do to make a healthy UNH?
I am in SNA (Student Nutrition Association) and we promote healthy eating and nutrition education on and off campus. I also like to go to local farms for my produce, and my roommate and I like to share recipes and make healthy dinners together.
- How do you stay fit?
I walk as often as I can, instead of taking the bus home. I also workout at the gym 4-5 times a week.
- Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?
I always think I am hungry but I am actually just thirsty. Drink a glad of water before reaching for that snack!
- How do you find motivation to stay healthy?
I read nutrition articles to stay up to date on information. I find new workouts to switch things up. I also find that having a workout buddy motivates me the most!
- Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?
Putting yourself first sometimes isn’t selfish. Sometimes you need to relax by yourself and recuperate from a stressful week at school. I found things that I enjoy and relax me like reading, yoga, listening to music, and cooking.