Spotlight On: Hannah Shuman
1. What does health mean to you?
To me, health means taking care of your body and mind in whatever ways you need to. Mental health adn physical health are equally important to me.
2. What do you do to make a healthy UNH?
To make a healthy UNH I participate in group exercise classes that the recreation center offers and I take advantage of the resources offered to me through UNH Health & Wellness.
3. How do you stay fit?
To stay fit I try and do a variety of exercises, one day I might go to the boot camp group exercise class and the next day I'll do cardio at the gym or go on a long walk with friends.
4. Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?
I try and always pack healthy snacks in my bag for the day becasue I am on the go a lot. Fueling your body with food that is healthy adn will keep you full is very helpful in a balanced diet. I always start my day with breakfast, my favorites are avocado and egg on a whole wheat English muffin or Greek yogurt with fruit.
5. How do you find motivation to stay healthy?
I want to feel good in my own skin and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It can be hard with a busy schedule in college but I try to make plans every week to workout with friends and we hold each other accountable.
6. Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?
Exercise is a great stress reliever, after a long day of class and meetings, a workout can help me clear my mind and improve my mood.
7. Anything else you would like to add that might encourage others on campus to make health efforts too?
Get your friends and roommates involved! It's much easier to workout with a buddy so try that yoga class you've been thinking of going to or go for a walk in college woods. Taking an hour of your day to dedicate to your health will be worth it.