Spotlight On: Anna Lussier
Name: Anna Lussier
Department: Economics and History
Position/Role at UNH: Student
Year Started at UNH: 2014
1. What does health mean to you?
Health means maximizing my quality of life in all aspects. Health is a dynamic and complex thing, it involves mental, physical and emotional wellness.
2. What do you do to make a healthy UNH?
I work as a Building Manager at UNH Campus Recreation. Through my position at Campus Recreation I hope to create a fun and inviting environment for participants to come and stay healthy.
3. How do you stay fit?
I stay fit through staying active. I personally enjoy weight lifting. I try to go to the gym three or four times a week. I also walk a lot since my apartment is far from the academic buildings.
4. Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?
What I like to encourage is eating food from the earth instead of eating highly processed man made foods that come from a box.
5. How do you find motivation to stay healthy?
I am motivated to stay healthy by recognizing the importance of health in living the happiest and most productive life that I can. In order to perform my best in school I have to be physically and mentally healthy.
6. Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?
Yes, I have learned to truly enjoy working out because I just focus on doing things that I like to do rather than just working out for the end result. Also, I have learned to not stress about the little things in life which has made me much happier and much less anxious.
7. Anything else you would like to add that might encourage others on campus to make health efforts too?
Do what is best for you! I encourage people to work out or eat healthy not because of the short term outcomes, but only if it is something that you truly value.