Spotlight On: Summer Johnson
Name: Summer Johnson
Department: Health Management and Policy
Position/Role at UNH: Student
Year Started at UNH: 2017
1. What does health mean to you?
For me, health means to be physically and mentally well and to be happy in your own skin.
2. What do you do to make a healthy UNH?
I walk to classes, eat well in the dining hall by using the guiding stars and making choices I think are best, and use the gym to stay fit.
3. How do you stay fit?
To stay fit, I run a lot, and I have also recently joined the UNH women’s rowing team.
4. Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?
Everything in moderation, and always remember to drink a lot of water.
5. How do you find motivation to stay healthy?
I am always wanting to get stronger and fitter, to help make the boats that I am rowing in go faster, thus eating healthy and working out regularly directly impact that.
6. Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?
Working out regularly and being aware of what I eat have positively impacted my fitness and health in the past few years.
7. Anything else you would like to add that might encourage others on campus to make health efforts too?
Remember that being healthy is always a balance; you have to be mentally happy as well as physically happy.