5 Ways Public Health Shows Up in Your Day
The Importance of Public Health
You may have a general understanding of Public Health but what is it exactly? According to the American Public Health Association (APHA), Public Health "promotes and protects the health of people and the communities where they live, learn, work and play." Throughout your day Public Health helps to reduce your risk of different injuries and or diseases. Here are 5 different ways Public Health can show up in your day:
1. Brushing your teeth – Thanks to Public Health you have clean and safe drinking water!
2. Crossing the street – Thanks to Public Health you can safely cross the street!
3. Working out – Thanks to Public Health we know the importance of healthy activities and overall wellness!
4. Eating a healthy meal – Thanks to Public Health the importance of eating healthy can be taught and promoted!
5. Washing your hands – Thanks to Public Health's promotion of hand washing we can protect ourselves and others from different illnesses!