The Power of Affirmations
How Simple Affirmations Can Change Your Life
How do you talk to yourself? Are you nice and complement the things you are doing well? Or are you constantly criticizing yourself and reminding yourself of everything you are doing wrong? The sad truth is that for many people, it’s the latter.
Affirmations are statements that you repeat to yourself with confidence that you perceive to be true. Affirmations are said to work because by repeating them, you are making your mind believe that what you are saying is true. Affirmations can be an extremely powerful tool in improving your mental health. They help ensure you are talking to yourself in a positive, healing way rather than tearing yourself down.
In order for affirmations to work in your everyday life, there are some steps you need to take:
- Find what you need to work on. Start by making a list of everything you believe to be a negative quality of yours. Include anything and everything you have been holding on to, regardless of if it is true or not. By doing this you will notice a theme and know where you need to make a shift in your life.
- Turn the negatives into positives. Now try rewriting all the criticisms of yourself into positives. For example, if you wrote “I am unworthy”, you could rewrite this into “I am worthy of love and friendship”, or whatever may relate to you. This makes the affirmations more personal.
- Repeat it. Repeat your affirmations throughout your day. Try to make a schedule for yourself, such as for five minutes in the morning, evening, and night. Also try looking in a mirror when you repeat them so you are able to see yourself and they stick better!
By incorporating affirmations into your everyday routine, your perspective on life will completely change. You will start having a much more positive outlook which will translate to your life improving. Here are some affirmations for you to try out over this next week:
- I am in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing.
- I am loved just for being who I am, for existing.
- The perfect moment is this one.
- Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.
- I am enough today, tomorrow, and everyday.
Check out these other daily affirmations that you could also use!
Do you use any daily affirmations? Let us know by emailing us at email@example.com!