5 Reasons Why Group Counseling is Effective
Learn About the Benefits of Group Counseling
As college students, we know first hand how difficult balancing school, work, relationships, exercise, healthy eating, the occasional illness, and personal matters can be. Sometimes it all becomes too overwhelming to handle on our own. Group counseling is a great way to find help.
The Counseling Center at UNH explains why group counseling is proven to be effective:
- Students realize they are not alone and find support;
- Students realize they can easily give and get help;
- Students develop new ways to relate and connect with others;
- Students can feel comfortable talking about issues that are normally hard to discuss outside of a group; and
- Students develop and practice coping skills.