How To Drink More Water
With the arrival of summer, temperatures are increasing quickly, which means we need to be diligent in drinking enough water. However, it can be difficult and repetitive to drink more, but with these tips, it will not only be easy but also enjoyable!
- Add fruit and/or herbs to your glass. Steeping grapefruit, strawberries, lemon, veggie slices, or herbs such basil, mint, or lavender will turn your water into a delicious treat.
- Drink water before every meal and snack. Sometimes little rules can help form a habit, and before you know it, you will automatically be doing this every day.
- Use an app. There are several free apps, such as Daily Water, that allow you to track your water intake glass by glass. You can even set reminders and alarms to help you achieve your goals.
- Use a water bottle. I find that by filling my 32 oz. water bottle each morning encourages me to drink more water than using glasses. By making it a goal to refill your water bottle 2-3 times a day, you will be sure to increase your intake!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables! Did you know that fruits and veggies have a ton of water in them? Cucumber, for example, is 96% water, and watermelon is 92% water. If this seems daunting, add one serving a day and work up from there.
- Drink sparkling water. If you often drink soda, consider switching to seltzer instead. If you want a little sweetness, add a splash of fruit juice or some chopped fruit.
Drinking more water is a simple goal that everyone can work on. Next time you are thirsty, try one of these tips and feel the benefits!