Delicious Summer Treats!
Healthy And Refreshing Recipes
It feels like a lifetime since lockdown beganand it's hard to remember what it’s like to hang out with friends, hug loved ones, and go to the grocery store without a face mask. Many of us are nostalgic for simpler times, but we can certainly indulge in the past as long as it’s safe! Do you miss the taste of a popsicle while sitting by the pool? Or late night ice cream parlor runs? You can still enjoy these novelties this summer, so find inspiration in this list and enjoy!
- DIY Popsicles - Did you know popsicles are super easy to make? Check out this recipe for fruit popsicles, or if you want something a little creamier, this one made with Greek yogurt might do the trick.
- Ice Cream Cone - Not all ice cream shops are opening this year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have any at all! Buy your favorite flavors, toppings, and some cones, and have ice cream parties whenever you like!
- Fruit Sorbet - If ice cream isn’t your jam, maybe consider making your own fresh fruit sorbet. It is surprisingly easy, and you will have delicious results in hours.
- Fresh Berries - Summertime is the main growing season for many berries, including strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Many farms offer pick-your-own services, so you can make a fun outing out of it.
- Jello - Jello doesn’t have to be just a snack for kids, it is for all ages and can actually be made into sophisticated desserts. Try this simple strawberry jello summer salad and you’ll certainly be hooked.
For all of these suggestions, there are hundreds if not thousands of recipes out there, so there will certainly be something that you like. Get creative, taste test often, and enjoy the results! Bon appetite!