Connecting While Social Distancing
Social Distancing Does Not Mean Social Isolation!
Just because we all have to stay 6 feet apart does not mean we have to socially isolate ourselves from our family and friends. Here are some ideas to stay connected with your friends, families, and others!
- Video call your friends. Zoom happy hours and other themed parties are more and more popular, but a regular call will be just as fun.
- Call your family. Nothing like a good, classic phone call to catch up with loved ones.
- Write a letter to your grandparents. Handwriting letters may no longer be the norm, but now is a great time to bring them back into style. Pick out some cute stationary and stamps and get writing!
- Netflix Party. A new website launched recently so you can still watch your favorite movies andTVshows withyour friends. It has a chat feature and synchronized play back to make it just like you are all together!
- Livestream workouts. Since the gyms are closed, a lot of them are livestreaming workouts or posting them on social media. Follow the link to see the gyms that are offering FREE daily workout videos to get your sweat on with others there to motivate you.
- Play digital board games. Most board games these days have a digital version, making it easy to transfer to the online platform. Video call your friends while playing for added fun!
Use these ideas to make social distancing fun! If none spark your interest, check out these other Zoom games to pass the time in quarantine.