Spotlight On: Allison Jean

July 11, 2014

Allison Jean

Accreditation and Compliance Manager/Dispatcher
UNH Police Department

Year Started at UNH: 1995

What does health mean to you?: Eating a balanced diet, maintaining a healthy weight, and taking care of my body with sleep, exercise and diet to prevent getting sick.

What do you do to make a Healthy UNH?: Try to get employees to go with me to Healthy Returns.

How do you stay fit?: Walk, yoga and coach my kids’ sports teams and participate in the activities with them.

Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?: I try to eat smaller portions. If I snack, I try to eat crunchy things like carrots, celery or apples.

How do you find motivation to stay healthy?: I have four children and want to be healthy for them and also want them to see healthy choices so they will make them as well.

Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?: Yes; participating in Healthy Returns and walking with colleagues across campus in warmer weather.

5 Healthy Foods That Keep You Full
UNH Eating Concerns Awareness Week 2018
Cooking With Cooking Light