About Healthy UNH
Established in 2008 through a charge from UNH President Mark Huddleston, Healthy UNH is a program that enhances the mission of the University by supporting the lifelong health and wellness of the UNH community.
Cultivating an environment in which everyone can achieve optimal health and wellness.
Healthy UNH enhances the mission of the University by supporting the lifelong health and wellness of the UNH communities.
- Educating our communities to be engaged health care consumers, who:
- Advocate for their own health;
- Create value for the money invested in medical care; and
- Ensure that care purchased is the right care at the right time.
- Supporting and sustaining the life-long health of our entire community, spanning multiple locations and audiences.
- Engaging and informing our community about health and resources to maintain or improve health.
- Advocating for positive changes to the campus to promote and improve mental and physical well-being.
Individual choices in physical activity, psychological health , nutrition, and healthcare consumerism impact overall health and healthcare costs. In collaboration with other departments, Healthy UNH provides education, awareness, and connections to support resources for the campus community in these four key areas:
Health Care Consumerism
Healthy UNH's Campus Partners
- Academic Advising
- Campus Planning
- Campus Police
- Campus Recreation
- Center for Academic Resources
- Conferences & Catering
- Psychological & Counseling Services
- Department of Kinesiology
- Dining Services
- Discovery Program
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Student Senate
- Health & Wellness
- Human Resources
- Memorial Union & Student Activities
- Northeast Passage
- Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- Office of Multicultural Student Affairs
- Office of Woodlands & Natural Areas
- Police Department
- Residential Life
- Sexual Harassment & Rape Prevention Program
- Sustainability Institute
- Undergraduate Student Senate
- Waysmeet Center
You can learn more about Healthy UNH by reading our exploring our website, www.unh.edu/healthyunh and connecting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, or by emailing email@example.com.