Mission/Statement of Beliefs
In support of the University of New Hampshire's mission, Living Well Services promotes, maintains and improves the health and well-being of the campus community.
This is accomplished by providing prevention-based health promotion programs and services, health counseling and co-curricular learning opportunities. We collaborate with others in the community to create an environment that supports the inherent wellness potential of all individuals.
Statement of Beliefs
- We believe in an individual's inherent self-worth and the potential for growth.
- We believe in treating all individuals with respect and dignity.
- We believe in the value, effectiveness, and efficiency of prevention.
- We believe social justice is necessary for health and well-being.
- We believe in the importance of diversity and acceptance of self and others.
- We believe wellness consists of the interconnection of mind, body, and spirit.
- We believe individuals are at various points on the continuum of self-growth and learning and that education support and advocacy can move people along the continuum.
- We believe in the highest standard of professionalism, with emphasis on ethical behavior and ensuring confidentiality.
- We believe in fostering the development of personal freedoms, individual integrity, compassion, and insight.
- We believe in the importance of a safe and supportive environment for all individuals.
- We believe in the importance of accurate, objective and accessible educational information.
- We believe in the need to challenge ourselves and others through open, honest, direct communication in order to promote personal growth.
- We believe that we can best create community change in collaboration with others.
- We believe in continued professional development.
- We believe in the value of humor and fun.