Wellness Ambassadors work with Health & Wellness to engage UNH students in conversations about about how taking care of their well-being can set them up for personal and academic success.
What is wellness?
Wellness is a holistic model that encourages individuals to become more aware of the interconnectedness of each dimension, and how all aspects of wellness contribute to being well, both physically and mentally.
Wellness Ambassadors gain expertise in the eight dimensions of the Wellness Wheel:
- Emotional wellness
- Social wellness
- Physical wellness
- Spiritual wellness
- Environmental wellness
- Occupational wellness
- Intellectual wellness
- Financial wellness
Wellness Ambassadors Support Their Peers
Students are more receptive to and learn better from informed, educated peers. Wellness Ambassadors are trained to help UNH students:
- Use the concept of wellness to practice self-care
- Understand stress and develop skills to cope with stress
- Understand the benefits of sleep and ways to get more of it
- Gain confidence to maintain positive behaviors that align with individual goals
- Utilize self-compassion to achieve academic and personal success
This program is supervised by our Wellness Educators/Counselors Shannon Seiferth and Dawn Zitney.
Expectations of UNH Wellness Ambassadors
- Commit to being a Wellness Ambassador for at least 2 semesters
- Complete Health & Wellness peer education training program
- Work collaboratively with Health & Wellness staff and other peer education groups
- Signed agreement to be a part of the Health & Wellness team
- Time commitment of approximately 3 hours/week
- Weekly meetings (60 minutes/week)
- Participation on sub-committee (60 minutes/week), as needed
- Implementation of health promotion activities (60-90 minutes/week)
- Attend monthly training on health specific topics (1 hour/month)
- Attend UNH events as a peer educator (1x/month)
Applying to be a Wellness Ambassador
Applications are now closed. Please check back.