Become an Eating Concerns Mentor
Eating Concerns Mentors (ECMs) are trained UNH students who confidential, individual support and information to their fellow students with body image concerns, eating concerns, and eating disorders.
Would you like to request an Eating Concerns Mentor or learn more?
Expectations of Eating Concerns Mentors
- Commit to being an Eating Concerns Mentor for at least 2 semesters
- Complete Health & Wellness peer education training program
- Work collaboratively with Health & Wellness staff and other peer education groups
- Signed agreement to be a part of the Health & Wellness team
- Time commitment of approximately 3 hours/week
- Weekly meetings (60 minutes/week)
- Participation on sub-committee (60 minutes/week), as needed
- Implementation of health promotion activities (60-90 minutes/week)
- Attend monthly training on health specific topics (1 hour/month)
- Attend UNH events as a peer educator (1x/month)
Apply to be an ECM
We are not currently seeking ECMs. Please check back.